The regiment was raised in Stuttgart in 1710 as regiment “Prinz Heinrich von Württemberg”.In 1716, the regiment took part in the campaign against the Turks. It then served in Italy.During the War of the Polish Succession, in 1735, the regiment served on the Rhine.
In 1740, prince Ernst Ludwig von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel acquired the regiment. Its recruiting area was the south west area of the Holy Roman Empire. The regiment was called Jung-Wolfenbüttel to distinguish it from regiment no. 29 belongin to duke Carl von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern which, for the same reason, was designated as Alt-Wolfenbüttel.
During the Seven Years' War, the chefs of the regiment were:
from 1740 to 1767: prince Ernst Ludwig von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel